Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Chat

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Chat
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:04:06 +0000

>WinPopUp is crap!  I am replacing it with jabber for my client.

winpopup went out of style with win3.11.  we wrote our own internal IM system
before
ICQ was even popular.  unfortunatly, it works well and mostly remains unchanged
so
we stick with it :)

>If we move to a jabber model for notifications we can use webmessage as
>a fall back mode.

why would you need a fallback model?  you can run your own jabber server, and
IIRC
there's a way to cluster/load balance them.