Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with acc

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with accounts
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:03:30 +0200

Dan Kuykendall schrieb:
Alex Borges wrote:

this problem applies to all of the apps that try to rely on a link to a contacts record: what prevents a user from deleting a contact record that your app is relying
on being there

I understand that limitation.

This is a very valid point. Still, we cant have it as default that all
apps wanting to link to contacts (which should be most, even the
calendar, now that we are linking contacts to accounts). A better
solution is to implement a real hook (tm) that will be enforced for all
contact linking apps and will be called upon deletion of contacts.

There are 2 possebilities to do so:
1) each app implemented a delete_<app> hook for its entries which other apps linking to that app can implement OR 2) we include this in the links class, introduced in an email from me dated 2003/06/17 09:23. Each link aware app has to call the delete function for the links-class when an entry gets deleted. The link class could propagate this to other "interested" apps or even call there delete functions, if they will be part of the link interface (they are not atm.).

yes, a better solution for hooks can solve this.

The "better" solution for hooks is there (.16 and HEAD) since about 2 month: http://www.phpgroupware.org/wiki/NewHooks

kheb is going to work in that (if all agree), he has joined us today and
i hope you guys meet him soon.

As I talked to lex yesterday night on the channel, this extension is already planed (and documented in the wiki). Calendar should be able to shedule contacts and resources (eg. rooms) beside as always accounts. The table- and souce change to do so, will be implemented in a way to allow acception and rejection of single events in a repetetive event, as this is a long time feature-request too.

Is he going to work on a new hook solution, or on calendar?

Welcom kheb, get to know the calendar "beast" ;-) and get in contact with me when you done with that.

Ralf
Ralf Becker
OUTDOOR UNLIMITED Training GmbH                Telefon 0631 / 31657-0
Leibnizstraße 17                               Telefax 0631 / 31657-26
D-67663 Kaiserslautern            EMail address@hidden