Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] License LGPL compatible?

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] License LGPL compatible?
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:04:11 -0700

Dave Hall wrote:

Dan Kuykendall <address@hidden> wrote:

What classes in the API are GPL?

quite a few, I just ran:
grep -r 'GNU Gen' /path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/*

on 16.

I hadnt seen anything like that in there. If there is any GPL code in the API, it needs to be removed and replaced with LGPL'd code, either by re-writing it, or by getting it relicensed by the author

The easier option would be to change the phpGW API license to GPL, which
does not require consent/rewrites.  Some if it from devs who we have
lost contact with.  Maybe it is easier just to make 14.004+ (which will
be out tomorrow) GPL.

Not at all cool. GPL wouldnt allow app developers any choice but GPL for their apps. This isnt what we have ever wanted.

Dan