Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPGW - SECURITY WARNING ALL BRANCHES

From: Jason Wies
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPGW - SECURITY WARNING ALL BRANCHES
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:37:03 +0000

The VFS patch isn't correct.  It's ok to have the files directory inside the
webroot as long as the admin is aware of the security problems and disables
scripts in the files directory.  Common examples are web hosting, content
management, and sharing files outside the company.  The attached patches:

- Set the default files path to be outside the webroot
- On the setup page, advise against using a files directory inside the webroot
- Link from the setup page to a document describing the security
recommendations for the location of the files directory.  The document
includes examples of proper Apache configuration when the files directory is
inside the webroot.

To apply:
cd phpgroupware-version
patch -p1 <../patch-version.diff