Re: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Copyright Assignments

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Copyright Assignments
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:04:02 +1000

Christian Böttger <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,

The last line of the assignment form states:
"This assignment is deemed made in Massachusetts."

So the assignment is conducted under US law.  The FSF Inc has indicated
this is binding and enforcable, regardless of US law.

> So it might turn out that the assignments from
> people in
> continetal Europe could be simp,y invalid, but that's a problem of
> the FSF.
> Perhaps sending in a CA *and* a FLA agreement would make more sense.

The FSF Europe will not accept FLAs from contributors to projects which
have made assignment arrangements with the FSF Inc.  This is an
agreement between the two bodies.

Thanks for the suggestion about checking out the FLA, but the FSF Inc
has assured me it is not needed, and actually makes things messier.