Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Account/Address DB proposal

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Account/Address DB proposal
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:38:01 +0000

I haven't reviewed this db model yet, but the current proposed db model could
provide two methods to achieve your goal

1. have the code set the record id from the input form, if one is not provided,
insert one higher than the maximum.  The code would also have to check that an
inserted id was not already used and issue an error message to the user

2. the db is set up to allow the user to create "fields" for whatever type of
info
you want to enter (multiple phone numbers, fax numbers, emails, etc), you could
just
create one to track the record id's from your other app