[Phpgroupware-developers] Tabs concept demo

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Tabs concept demo
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 08:30:15 +0200

Hello,

I would like to publish my JavaScript/CSS/HTML implementation of Tabs
that might be useful for phpGW Templates.
The Demo, JSdoc documentation and a zip archive that bundles all can be
found at:

http://www.probusiness.de/projekte/phpgroupware/

As stated earlier in the proposal for HTML/CSS/JavaScript this also
demonstrates
how to use XHTML 1.0 Transitional with external CSS and external JavaScript
that
is W3C DOM compatible, object oriented and works in Mozilla, IE and Opera.
Also the code is implemented backward compatible so that it works (without
tabs)
when JavaScript is switched of or a browser has no javascript implementation
(like Amaya or Lynx)

I only found one stupid exception with IE for this demo:
when clicking on the submit button, IE will append the acual tabs parameter
correctly to the url, but it does not use the parameter and jumps to Tab Nr.
1.
Changing the Taba parameter by hand works perfectly - so it looks to me like
strange IE bug.

Philipp has figured out a way to use this prove of concept in a phpGW
template set
without changing the underlying php code.
This will hopefully been available soon - when we finished out "outlook"
like
template set so that it works for 0.9.16.

Have a nice weekend

   Kai

--
*****    Open Source und Linux im professionellen Einsatz    *****
**  komplexe Mailserver, Groupware, Office: sprechen Sie uns an **