Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Website

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Website
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:56:39 +0000 (GMT)

Reiner Jung <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why this is necessary,
> We can't spend the money better. We have since April a sponsored box!.
> You know it. Why you want that people spend the money for a box
> which is
> in the technical specifications not so good as the box we have. Do you
> have any problems with the box we have ?

Ok, here goes the explanation.

1 There have been changning conditions attached to the sponsored box -
which were not made clear when the sponsorhip was arranged

2 There are many issues which would need to be resolved before this
sponsored box would be considered a GNU box.

3 This box will be up and running as GNU box in less than 12 hrs.  Then
we wait for DNS prop

4 People can feel all warm and fuzzy inside about giving something back
to the community :)