Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Saving attachments

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Saving attachments
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:46:40 +1000

Bob Crandell <address@hidden wrote:

> Alex Borges (address@hidden) wrote:
> >
> >El sáb, 20-09-2003 a las 22:20, Brian Johnson escribió:
> >> Isn't filemanager a disk/file browsing program?
> >>
> >> What is "save an email attachment to FileManager"?
> >>
> >> What does that mean?  Could you explain it some more?
> >>

> >He means to make the attachment accesible from the file manager
> >application. I think it would be very consistent to have that.
> >
> >User reads his mail, clicks on download attahcment to have it in
> their>machines, or save in My Server Folder which would be to save
> it into
> >/HOME/USER on phpwebhostin/filemanager.
> >
> >Since we can have that with a webdav backend, it would be a nifty
> >feature for seamless document sharing and indexing (you can then
> plug a
> >web searcher like htdig to hit into the webdav directories and
> index the
> >whole thing).
> >
> >Its an idea with good potential.
> I couldn't have put it better myself.
>
> To take it a step further, with phpBrain, the knowledge base, and
> this mailing list
> as an example, there is some good info flowing through here that
> could be saved
> directly to phpBrain making it easier to find the answer to a problem.

We are currently working on apps.phpgroupware.org which will be
relauched before 16-final hits the streets.  This is part of a major
reorganising of our online presence.  It is is still being discussed,
but this is what I plan to have:

main website - project information and links to the rest of the content

docs.phpgroupware.org - final documents, and WIP in the wiki

apps.phpgroupware.org - will be the way to find any app related data

a forum - this will be pretty amazing - unfortnately not phpgw :(

downloads site - where our downloads live - maybe even nightly builds

Hopefully we can get some more hands on deck to help with this.  Later
today the new Coordination Team will be announced.  Then there will be
people to contact in relation to the tasks :)