Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] New app: sysmailadmin

From: Philipp Kamps
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] New app: sysmailadmin
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 14:34:35 +0100

Zitat von Dave Hall <address@hidden>:

> Heya Chris,
>
> Maybe we could roll this into the new ldap accounts admin app from
> probiz and lex and myself are also working on.

In fact, the new 'ldap account admin' already can handle standard UNIX and
phpGW accounts.
Let's say you chose 'ou=people,dc=probusiness,dc=de' as baseDN for your
accounts, the admin user interface for accounts will show all kind of
accounts in this basedn (standard UNIX accounts and phpgw accounts).
You may recognize the different type of accounts by the first- and lastname.
(Standard unix accounts do not save these information).
So if an administrator wants a standard UNIX account to become a phpgw
account, he simply have to edit this account and save it.
It automatically add the phpgw information to this LDAP entry.

So for the second feature of the forum thread:
'autoadd accounts to phpgw if the unix user exists via mail auth'

it also should work with the existing functionality of the phpgw.
An administrator may enable the autoadd feature in the setup routine.
So if a user successfully authenticate via 'mail auth', 'ldap' or what
ever, an accounts automatically will add to LDAP.
(in fact the method for this feature still has to be patched for the
new LDAP support - on my todo list for next week)

But all this LDAP stuff won't help you if only want to save UNIX accounts
in the /etc/passwd file.

For all the LDAP details have a look here:
http://forums.phpgroupware.org/index.php?
t=msg&th=150&start=0&rid=38&S=5755be7000a69157a2e95d3b6ec65716

Any comments and bug reports are very welcome.

Cheers,
  fips @ probiz