[Phpgroupware-developers] Question about the code of auto_add() function

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Question about the code of auto_add() function in class.account_sql.inc.php
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:47:55 +0000

Hy all,

When trying to see How to create accounts directly (ie without using the admin
interface), I have take a look at the auto_add function in
class.account_sql.inc.php.

I use it a first time 'as-is' to see what's happen. Then I read the code, And
I didn't understand why in my case, the person_id field is not set for an user
account.
If you took a look at line 413+ you will see that $acct_info contains a
'person_id' = NULL, and never setting back after.

If I understand, person_id is related to the contact system. So I'm obliged to
do the following :

Create an account,
Then create a contact with that account
finish by updating the account with the person_id
?

Writing this email, I took a look at my phpgrouware_contact_person table.
What I see, sounds strange to me. Because this install is a test plateform, I
was obliged to create/delete/recreate accounts, without reinstalling the whole
DB. But looking at the record in this table show me all the old entries, and
of course, 3 to 4 times the same entries which leeds to have some entries
modified by some id's that's no longer in use (I suppose, because my last
admin entries is 26 and account 28 to 32 are modified by 18 which is another
entry identified another admin entry).
I don't know if this is normal or not, just asking for help to understand how
this works, and so be able to build account in bulk, in a good way ...

Thanks for reading me :)
Caeies.