Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Question about the code of auto_add() func

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Question about the code of auto_add() function in class.account_sql.inc.php
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:34:24 +0000

Alex Borges (address@hidden) wrote:

> Benoit:
> Heyas, some things:
>
> 1.- person_id is the imported key from the phpgw_contact table that
> links an account to its contact information.
>
> 2.- it is correctly updated for all functionality of accounts, except
> the auto add
>
> 3.- In general, there is little harm in this because you can allways go
> to edit a user that you auto_add'ed and the admin ui is built so that it
> detects person_id inconsistencies and creates the contact information on
> the spot (thus updating person_id correctly)

Yes I find this some hours after sending this mail. But in my case I have
something like 200 peoples added in one time, coming from one of my app SQL
table. SO using the admin interface for each entry is quiet difficult :). But
I think that I will try to do it directly ...

> 4.- Bulk account  creation and administration is more complex than they
> should because account now has a link. I think also the problem is that
> we have no real bulk operations for accounts (or any phpgw table) as it
> is... So, the team working on syncML thought out a standarized set of
> calls that will be respected throughout the api to add, delete, edit any
> piece of data in phpgw.
> What im doing is using that part of the sync system for bulk accounts.

That would be nice IMO.

> So why am i honking my own horn? For one, im shallow.  Also, i dont know
> how fast do you want this, but i think that by the early next year youll
> have a standard way of doing bulk operations on everything in phpgw in
> production. Beta of this should have been ready last month, i think it
> will be ready tomorrow (i have a terrible hang-over today).

Ok, I have tested a direct creation, but due to the limitation of 25
characters for login, I need to redo the whole process ... (logins were the
mail adresses). I will wait with my little workaround, and will use yours when
it comes into phpgw :)

Thanks a lot for these infos.
regards,
Caeies