Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Fwd: Accepted phpgroupware 0.9.14.007-4 (a

From: Thomas Viehmann
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Fwd: Accepted phpgroupware 0.9.14.007-4 (all source)
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:09:01 +0000

Dave Hall (address@hidden) wrote:
>Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:
>> so, we have anew deb maintainer?
Um. Yes. Hello.
Didn't know you were interested in following things so closely, otherwise I
would've
forwarded it myself.

>Yep, but we still have a annoying Debian package guidelines :(
Is there anything besides no upgrades to stable (sorry, cannot do anything about
that) that particulary bothers you about the debian packages?
I'm very interested in any feedback.

I'm planning going to produce debs of the 0.9.16 RC as soon as possible but I
guess
it's not a good idea to upload them to debian (and have them enter sarge
eventually)
before you guys call it a release. (Part of the problem with woody's
phpgroupware
seems to be that the version in there was not suitable for release.)

My original plan was waiting with a mail to phpgroupware-developers until I had
this
done, but alioth (the debian equivalent of savannah) was down and I was busy
yesterday. I'll make a short "announcement" / invitation to help and test once I
have preliminary packaging of the 0.9.16 snapshot on alioth CVS.

>> what's the "accepted" mean?
>That they are now in testing (aka sarge)
Not quite. They're in unstable (aka sid).
Whether or not they move to sarge depends on noone being unhappy about it for a
while.

Kind regards

Thomas