Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroupware debian packages

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroupware debian packages
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:30:11 +1100

Hi Thomas,

This sounds great.  I would like to offer it via
downloads.phpgroupware.org/debian - I will have ADSL tomorrow (fingers
crossed) - I should have some time then to work on the box.

--------------enig6BD527CD40A7853A78F1461C

Hi.

As was posted earlier, new debian packages are being created.
Momentarily, the version in debian is 0.9.14.007, somewhat patched.
I'm preparing debian packages for 0.9.16 to upload them as soon as
possible after the final 0.9.16 release is made.
The current state (more or less straightforward copy of the 0.9.14
packaging) can be seen on alioth,
<https://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=1342>. (The prerelease module
is 0.9.16.
These are debian directories only.
To use them, grab them via cvs, copy a source tarball (currently the
version-0_9_16-branch.tgz) to
phpgroupware_${VERSION_IN_DEBIAN/CHANGELOG_WITHOUT_DEBIAN_REVISION}.orig.tar.gz
(i.e. currently phpgroupware_0.9.14.512-0.9.16+cvs.20031224.orig.tar.gz
as the changelog lists 0.9.14.512-0.9.16+cvs.20031224-1 as it's version).
Untar the source, change into that directory, copy the debian directory
from alioth into it and run "dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us".
(If you wish to skip the tarball thingy, just take a phpgroupware dir,
copy the debian directory to it and do "dpkg-buildpackage -uc -b").

Any feedback is appreciated, via address@hidden or
private mail, depending on the preferences of the list users.

Om my todo list for the 0.9.16 packages is:
- Maybe automatic upgrade of header.inc via the postinst.
- Forward-port some more of the patches in debian/patches/*.disabled
- Submit applicable patches from debian/patches for consideration
  for the upstream releases.
- Maybe: Put up an unofficial apt repository. (Question being: where).

Kind regards

Thomas

P.S.: Help is, of course, also appreciated with the boring part, e.g.
checking on the bugs in debian bts (currently best viewed via maintainer
<http://bugs.debian.org/address@hidden>, as the source package's bug list
doesn't quite work yet.)