Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] OSS groupware, was: linux,conf.au

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] OSS groupware, was: linux,conf.au
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:43:17 +0000

>From sitting on IRC and such I know the biggest chalenges, which just happen
to be what will bring us to the "exchange killer" position.

- Either through our own XMLRPC/SOAP based clients or by using evo and olook
plugins to provide a faster interface.  For many things we can do something
like xslt based client forms to make the client light and use caching to make
it fast.

- pda, Outlook, and evo sync, which would grant offline capabilities for
laptop clients.

from the api view point, we also need better ways to achive inter application
linking.  infolog is ok, but it falls short in may ways.  The links need to
use the app interfaces themselfs by way of hooks.  We have the tools in place
to do this, we just need an API way to make it standard.