RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] checkout aborted

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] checkout aborted
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:51:05 +0000

Install one app.
cd phpgroupware.
cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot co -r Version-0_9_16-branch admin
savannah.gnu.org: Connection timed out
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Installed the tarball.
cd to phpgroupware
Typed "cvs update" and got:
savannah.gnu.org: Connection timed out
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

What does "end of file from server" mean?

Thanks for exploring this with me.  I hope you aren't getting too irratated.
Bob

Brian Johnson (address@hidden) wrote:

>I don't think so
>
>Try the apps one at a time
>
>Then if that doesn't work, try the tarball and then cvs update that
>

>Bob Crandell (address@hidden) wrote:
>>
>> I tested your theory on a clean directory and got:
>> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
>> any)
>>
>> Is step 5 wrong?
>>
>> Brian Johnson (address@hidden) wrote:
>> >
>> >You are doing a co over an existing install right?  I think that is one of
>> >the
>> >problems.
>> >
>> >Use the tarballs to overwrite your install or follow the steps on my wiki
>> >
>> >In either case, then do a cvs update to get the current updates.  Then all
>> >should be well again

Assured Computing
When you need to be sure.
address@hidden