Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Filemanager Refresh

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Filemanager Refresh
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:59:57 +0100

Yes, but I think this could be a problem if files haven't important infos like who is the owner, etc ... This problem doesn't really exists in a webdav repository but in the filesystem/SQL case yes... So It's clear that a refresh in the filemanager is a good idea, but could leads to some kind of problem IMHO. Going throw the filemanager index.php. The refresh is automatically call evry 20 pages (with a random like function) and simply call vfs->update_real() function. So I suppose that the refresh was just a way to flush the cache, depending of the kind of VFS you're using.

Caeies.

Chris Weiss wrote:
> there used to be an update button that would scan the current folder and bring
> the sql and filesystem in sync, I don't see an update button in the new
> layout. IMO this functionality needs to return, either by adding back the
> update button or by adding the feature to the refresh link.
>
> Benoit Hamet (address@hidden) wrote:

Which kind of repository do you use ?
If you use a filesystem/SQL this is normal, because access infos are
stored in SQL tables, which are not upgraded as far as I know with the
current contents of the directory. But If you use a WebDAV directory try
to use the refresh/update button.

Hope that's help :)

Caeies.

Bob Crandell wrote:

Hi,

I added some files to an existing directory with Nautilus.  I know they are
really there because I can see them from another computer.  Now I want to see
those files from Filemanager.  I can browse to the parent directory but now to
the one I put the new files in.  Clicking on refresh doesn't show these
directories and files to show up.

Anyone else seen this?  This is version 0.9.14.512 that had been upgraded.

Except for this, this version of Filemanager is much better and faster.

Thanks
Bob

--
Assured Computing, Inc.