[Phpgroupware-developers] session_only_preferences

From: Andreas Schiller
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] session_only_preferences
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:38:24 +0200

Hi all,

recently I was looking for a possibility to reload a certain set of
preferences on login (for use on de.demos.phpgroupware.org). I found jengos
acl->check('session_only_preferences') in phpgwapi/class.preferences.inc.php
which never was finished IMHO - but it gave me a start to the even better
resolution to our problem...

This all resulted in a soon to be posted patch for 0.9.16, to save the
preferences of certain users (here: the demo users) from static changes
(switched on through an additional acl-manager entry) - ie it saves the
preferences in the session only. (From now on noone will be confronted with a
non functional desktop scheme after logon as demo user :-))

This patch is on test right now on http://de.demos.phpgroupware.org. Please
feel free to test and comment!

Greetz from Germany,
Andy Schiller