Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] language files and a PHP script

From: C K Wu
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] language files and a PHP script
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:50:11 +0800

Hi, Finjon,

Thank you for the attached file. I'll see if they could be incorporated into CK-ERP's codebase in some way.

With regard to the co-operation among the three projects (presumably you are referring to phpgw, egw and ck-erp), I am perhaps speaking from the point of view of an objective bystander. My feeling is that there are two much technological and ideological difference between the phpgroupware and egroupware teams for them to cooperate in a organized fashion. The best that can be hoped for is that either team will continuously monitor the other team's development and keep sync-ing with new functions and features emerging in the other project's new releases. For ck-erp, I am ready to port the entire software to run above phpgroupware - nextgen, if and when nextgen is formally released. If egw decides not to stroll down the nextgen path, then it is entirely likely that ck-erp will not be compatible with egw by then.

Cheers,
CK (project leader for CK-ERP)

Finjon Kiang wrote:

I think all you could done the jobs without the other two. But I truly
hope that everybody could work together to let the three projects
become a perfect one. I like egroupware at first time, find something
interesting in phpgroupware and need some key-app in CK-ERP...^^||

File: index.php

I used this to convert some language sentences from egroupware to
phpgroupware. Maybe useful for phpgroupware to egroupware, too.

File: phpgroupware.zip

The result of Traditional Chinese language files.