Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgeoupware, sync4j 4.0.4 & sync module f

From: Christian Wederhake
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgeoupware, sync4j 4.0.4 & sync module from CVS
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:08:41 +0100

"Ochal Christophe" <address@hidden> schrieb

> Well, I've managed to aquire sync4j 1.2, but still nothing is happning
> *sigh*

The phpGW-module and the sync4j-module are more or less
independent; only the xml-rpc-bridge is used for communication.
So any *installation*-problems with the phpGW-module are not able
to have anything to do with the state of installation or configuration
of neither the sync4j or its modules.
Also, as Philipp mentioned, there is no simple way, to get the
current module to run with a Sync4j above 1.2.

> Dunno if it loads phpgw_sync, i can't even sync with the thing with a
> syncml client anymore, and no admin tool to configure it...

Some lines form the server.log may be useful to track down any
bug or possible misconfiguration.
Due to the imho somewhat crappy PlugIn-Architecture and the
requirements needed to match to get the module to work properly
with the phpGW, some modifications have been made to some
of the view extensible struktures, rendering the server more or
less useless for any other purpose than to sync with a phpGW.

But there has been made some analyse-work on how to port the
module in a way, it will be less invasive to the underlying Sync4j
as well as it can run under the newer versions of sync4j.
It looks pretty good at the moment , but I don't know exactly, when
there will be time to perform the step...

Ciao
Chris

--
Respekt vor den Frauen, die sich maennlichen Berufen zuwenden!
Aber keinen "Beruf" zu haben wird doch immer des Weibes hoechster

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)