Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Greetings, introduction, newbie questions,

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Greetings, introduction, newbie questions, etc.
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:21:25 -0600

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:53:59 -0500, Alan Langford <address@hidden> wrote:
> let's just say I like the philosophy of phpGW better.

me too :)

> I've been poking around in the docs I could find, trying to learn as much
> as I can before asking new kid questions, but here I am...
>
> I don't see the NextGen branch in CVS (using the CVS client in Eclipse),
> and I see a lot of NextGen looking stuff in URLs... am I correct in
> surmising that the NextGen stuff is now "CurrentGen"?

it's called "proposal-branch" in CVS.

> I saw a lot of "new docs coming soon" around... what's the state of the
> documentation effort? If I'm going to learn enough about this project to do
> anything useful, I might as well record what I learn as I go along. Maybe
> these notes could be a documentation contribution?

lots of things are being put on wiki.phpgroupware.org, but it still
needs more and some cleanup too.  Some of what's there is just old
html docs dumped in and needs much refrmating.

> Finally, does anyone know of a good, free PHP code formatter? phpGW's
> formatting standards don't match how my tool chain is set up, and
> re-configuring them by project is a pain (I have a feature request in at
> eclipse.org to see if this can be improved, but that could take a long,
> long time). Anything that saves me from hand-formatting patches would
> really help.

"tidy?  don't know, I hand format all my code and don't like it when
an editor forces me into anything