Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Discussion: include/require stateme nts

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Discussion: include/require stateme nts
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:52:43 +1000

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 07:56 -0500, Chris Weiss wrote:
> On 5/11/05, Kai Hofmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Last but not least I think using require_once along with set_error_handler
> >
> > see http://de.php.net/set_error_handler (works since php 4.0)
> >
> > is the best solution, because you have an central error handler that can
> > output error messages and no additional code for every(!) require statement.
>
> this would be ideal :)

Communik8r will be using set_error_handler.  phpLDAPadmin is another
good example of its use.

Eventually I would like to see a complex error handling system, which
gives users the option of filing bug reports from with in phpgw.  In my
mind it would function like gnome's bug buddy system.  This is a long
way off as we don't even use a consistent logging system.

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd
be a Microsoft?  Of course not.
Underwear Goes Inside The Pants by Lazy Boy