[Phpgroupware-developers] retrieval of granted records - idea

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] retrieval of granted records - idea
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:40:12 +0100 (CET)

When displaying records based on grants - I think there is a potential for a
more effective retrieval of records.

Currently  - if a group has granted rights to read its records - all the
members of that group are put into an array - and imploded into a filter like :
"WHERE ( $entity_table.user_id IN(" . implode(',',$public_user_list) . "))"

I think this is OK if the $public_user_list consists of only 'users'.
If some of the granters are groups (with hundreds of members) - would'nt it be
more efficient to treat the groups by joining the $entity_table with  phpgw_acl
on $entity_table.user_id = phpgw_acl.acl_account WHERE phpgw_acl.acl_location
IN (list of group_id's) ?

If this is a good idea - we would need a function acl2->get_grants_new that
returned users and groups without identifying each member within groups.

Regards

Sigurd