Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] db

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] db
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:19:10 +1000

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 19:43 +0000, Chris Weiss wrote:
> I'm certainly not suggesting that we go replace all WHERE's with
> JOIN's, or even making a motion to require using JOIN going forward
> (yet), but I definatly don't see anything unclear with it, it just
> takes a little getting used to.

Why not? We have all these idle resources ;)

> a bit formating can help a lot, I've
> standardized on this in my own code:
> FROM
>   t1 JOIN t2 ON t1.id = t2.id
>      JOIN t3 ON t1.f1 = t3.id
>
> it's actualy nice becuase you get the table def and the join
> conditions right next to each other, which can definatly make things
> easier when dealing with 5+ tables (i have a couple with more than 10
> tables)

Have you seen the general state of sql formatting within phpgw? ;)  I
can now see if it is formatted properly it _can_ be easier on the eye.

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
| e address@hidden          | w phpgroupware.org            |