Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] data cleaner in HEAD

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] data cleaner in HEAD
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 19:56:18 +0200

Dave Hall wrote:
> Third time lucky - this time it should go to the dev list :)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have been looking at several options for the data cleaner functions in
> head.  I am still not sure how we should proceed, but I think it would
> be worth discussing it.
>
> I think out current system might be a little bit too heavy handed, such
> as not allowing any css definitions.
>
> I have been doing some googling, and I think that PEAR's HTML_Safe ( see
> http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_Safe/ ) might be a possible
> replacement.
>
> What do people think?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave

Is the data cleaner meant to clean data fetched with the
get_var-function (which is calling reg_var) in common_functions.inc.php
- or are we supposed to get the data from (example) $GLOBALS['_GET'].

Personally I like the get_var - which can fetch both $_GET, $_POST...

Relying on PEAR is fine by me - but it might make the install a bit more
challenging?

Regards

Sigurd