Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: OT Aside -- spam killing

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: OT Aside -- spam killing
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:05:41 +0100

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 18:16 -0700, Alan wrote:

> Sadly I have just noticed that shortly after this post, my
> subscription to the list seems to have disappeared. This is basically
> a test message.

I saw your unsubribe notification.  The gnu mailing list server gets
listed by spamcop quite regularly.  As you use spamcop to filter spam,
the messages bounce.  After 3 bounces you are unsubscribed.  I
personally don't like spamcop as I think they are far too trigger happy.
You would have got an email about the automatic unscription, but I
suspect it too had bounced :(

> There are posts from "davecarter" that are still in the forums that
> appear to be spam, unless they talk about starting a business with
> phpGW ;).

What a shame we can't get any more of his spam now that he is banned ;)