Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] etemplate and infolog

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] etemplate and infolog
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:57:44 +0100

Hi Sigurd,

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> The head-version of etemplate and infolog seems (to me) to have serious
> problems.
Agreed.

> How about starting over from .16 - starting with cleaning out notices?
I guess that's perhaps the better way to have something working. But we
should pay attention of code was commited btw the branching of .16 and
the HEAD dev (I'm not sure if there is so much divergences from the
starting point)

> Is anyone maintaining these apps ?
I'm supposed to more or less maintain etemplate (and infolog by the same
time). I already fix some bugs in it, but there still a lot's.

To be Honest, Etemplate is a great application for the db stuff and the
setup 3 process. But building apps from it (I mean the interface), is
tiedous. The paradigm used by etemplate is not really in sync with the
current design of phpgw and so could lead to some problems of
misconception. I think that there is good ideas between eT, but reading
the code is ... hard :).
So please, check that my fixes are included in the migration process
(I'm not able to remember at this time, if fixes were in .16 branch or
in head), in case you migrate the .16 stuff to HEAD.

I will be happy to discuss with you of some issues, since fixing the
notice implies in most case, some "hard to understand how it works" than
just a simple addition for a "isset()" test ...

Regards, and sorry for this delayed answer.

Benoît.