[phpGroupWare-developers] Upgrading MySQL phpgroupware

From: Ian West
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Upgrading MySQL phpgroupware
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:32:47 -0700 (MST)

 :cry: I have recently been installing phpgroupware, on a new machine after the
harddrive failed an old machine.

I was making regular backup of the mysql/var directory so I have all the old
MYI and MYD files, from the old installation of phpgroupware.

Is there a way to use these old database files to re-create the user list and
calendar in particular?

Should this be done within sql or is there a simpler method.  I figured a
simple copy paste of the files might suffice, but am mistaken as the database
becomes corrupt.

I don't know what version mysql or phpgroupware I used in the old installation,
however I now use phpgroupware 0.9.16.011 and mysql 4.1.22

Does phpgroupware have a documented upgrade path when installing a new version
over an old version? .

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ forums.phpGroupWare.org