Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Big Problems

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Big Problems
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:08:41 -0600

On 3/1/07, uwe wrote:
and now I have many errors. Iam working with Fedora Core 6 --> i made
the patch but sudenly I got errors like this:

Warning: mb_stristr() [function.mb-stristr]: Empty haystack in
/opt/lampp/htdocs/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.data_cleaner.inc.php on line
72

what action caused the error?

First of all when I login as admin I got this error Fatal error: Allowed memory
size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in
/opt/lampp/htdocs/phpgroupware/email/inc/class.bopreferences.inc.php on line 992

memory_limit = 8M  is pretty small, especially with php5.  I recommend
20M, and if you plan on using the email app, 50M.  Reason is that to
decode MIME attachments it has to load the whole email in memory, then
decode it in memory as well.  Since MIME has about a 20% overhead,
that means a single 1Meg attachment (typical photo) would require 2.2M
ram just for the photo, and you still gotta have ram for the rest of
the email, and scripts, and the templates, and the database
connection, and the IMAP connection, and php itself.

Just for reference, dotdeb.org's php5 packages come with the default
memory limit of 128M, though I don't know why they have it THAT high.