SV: [phpGroupWare-developers] Tuning: compability and speed

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: SV: [phpGroupWare-developers] Tuning: compability and speed
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:03:34 +0100 (CET)

1)
If you have some ideas for fixing the UTF8 issues - I'm more than interested.
No need for lang files for both charsets: do a utf8_encode during install if
needed.
http://php.net/manual/en/function.utf8-encode.php

2)
34% - try it on a heavy db-job - and you will be convinced (only tested on
postgres - Mysql seems dangerous to me - if one do not use innodb). I'm not
proposing to switch to phpblib - only as an alternative - which is easily done.

Regards

Sigurd