[phpGroupWare-developers] caching static data

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] caching static data
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:58:03 +0100

Hi all,

We have a caching feature based on shm in API which in most cases is working
well.
In some cases it can't be used - and I propose to add a caching-table to hold
compiled and static data which should survive a reboot.
This could be acl-userlists per location, generated queries and things like
that.

I have used this approach in the app property - but I also think that ACL could
benefit from it when shm is not an option

schema:
'phpgw_cache' => array(
  'fd' => array(
    'name' => array('type' => 'varchar','precision' => '50','nullable' =>
False),
    'value' => array('type' => 'text','nullable' => True)
  ),
  'pk' => array('name'),
  'fk' => array(),
  'ix' => array(),