[phpGroupWare-developers] svn notification

From: christian bac
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] svn notification
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:14:29 +0100

Hi,
I don't know how subversion is integrated into savannah, but there can
have a problem related to the fact that svnnotify is associated to perl.

We faced this problem when integrating svn into picoforge, cause we jail
the svn part in a separate location of the system.

It was difficult for us to have the software guess what is really
necessary for perl modules to work.

We choosed another solution based on the use of svn related software and
of a small mailer (nail) that is configured to send mail to localhost
via smtp (this helps go out of the jail).

Here are the 5 last lines in my post-commit hook.

REPOS="$1"
REV="$2"
PROJECT=`basename $1`

( /usr/bin/svnlook info -r $REV $REPOS ; /usr/bin/svnlook changed -r
$REV $REPOS ) | /usr/bin/nail -s "Svn Commit on $PROJECT "
 address@hidden

If this can help in configuring savannah.

C.Bac