Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] minimum version of mysql supported in trun

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] minimum version of mysql supported in trunk
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:40:01 +1100

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 20:00 -0600, Chris Weiss wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008 5:54 PM, Dave Hall <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Is there any compelling reason I haven't thought of for now making this
> > switch? :)
>
> i think you mean for not making the switch?

I am happy to hear reason for either version ;)

> making the switch should allow for a hell of a lot of query
> optimization, subselects and other yummie things 4.0 and older don't
> support.  should a significant performance difference in some parts of
> the code

That is what I thought too.  The new interlink/accounts/acl/locations
code would make a lot of use of this.

Another issue to investigate is using PDO with a singleton lightweight
wrapper class, instead of ADOdb with our old PHPLib wrapper, but that
isn't something to consider for 0.9.18.