Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [Fwd: RFS: phpgroupware]

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [Fwd: RFS: phpgroupware]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:24:32 +0100

Hi.

For your information, I have discussed the subject of re-addition of
phpGroupware into the Debian distribution this weekend at FOSDEM.

The reaction of the Debian release / QA team was a bit frightening. They
seem to be quite epidermic and remebering of bad memories with the
package. Actually, it seems they tend to fear most web apps like
wordpress, or others, which tend to lead to lots of maintenance because
of many discovered vulnerabilities.

I will try and ask for more help (sponsoring, and validation for
inclusion in the distro in order to have it in testing soon, in order
for readiness for next lenny release) on the debian-devel list, and
maybe we'll get more detailed discussion...

I'd welcome all possible help from other interested people, including
phpGroupware developpers (Dave ?) in order to maximize chances for its
reinclusion in Debian.

We shall see what happends, but I must say my optimism is moderate, as
Debian is soon entering freeze state, and they probably want to minimize
most unnecessary problems.

I'll keep you updated as soon as something significant happens.

Regards,

--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden> (*NEW ADDRESS*)
http://www-inf.it-sudparis.eu/~olberger/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC