[phpGroupWare-developers] Re: News-admin, and: Re: Identifying apps stat

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: News-admin, and: Re: Identifying apps stati
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:49:51 +0100

FYI, I've had a look again at news-admin, and it seems to me the
news-admin/website is totally broken, as only the authenticated part of
news-admin works at the moment in 0.9.16.

The news display in phpgroupware works, but the RSS feeds or the public
"website" news list don't.

As a consequence, I'm planning to package it for Debian without website
in the subdir, and keeping it
in /usr/share/doc/phpgw*-news-admin/examples/website/

I know there are patches out there (we made some in the old days for
ProGET, remember Caeies ?;), but I'm not sure it's worth packaging in
the Debian package... as the unauthenticated bits in website may also
contain security holes, and I don't want to open the door in this
direction ;)

Any comments ?

--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden> (*NEW ADDRESS*)