Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Postres support / update DB to 0.9.18.015

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Postres support / update DB to 0.9.18.015
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:22:56 +0200

Hi all,

Dave Hall a écrit :
> On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 10:15 +0200, Sigurd Nes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I propose to drop support for postgres prior to 8.2
>>
>> There was a change in behavior regarding the use of oid that has impact on
>> class.db.inc.php (the get_last_insert_id) and
>> class.schema_proc_pgsql.inc.php for retrieving various meta data.
Can you give concrete example of problems ?

>> How about it
>

> Project policy has always been to support what debian stable ships.
> They currently ship 7.3 so the answer is no
Well, that's not true :). It's 7.4 (at least here in France :). [thus
the answer is still no]

This is causing me trouble anyway, with the change of the account_pwd
size ... this version of pgsql doesn't support the
"ALTER TABLE table ALTER COLUMN column TYPE type;" SQL ...
The only way to do it (on a non living system) is to dump the db, change
the value of the CREATE table and restore the db ... which isn't so bad
since then you have a db backup :).

That's perhaps an idea for the GSoc setup :) (update tables process).
 - do a backup :
 - Modify the schema there.
 - Reload the whole tables ...
* caught * caught * ... hum sorry, I'm a little bit tired :).

Regards.

Caeies.