Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] phpgroupware website

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] phpgroupware website
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:52:52 +0200

Alan Langford a écrit :
I have a strong bias towards "Joomla!", but it's hardly objective since I'm on the development team! The best alternative is Drupal. Both systems are very popular (our latest maintenance release has seen 111,000+ downloads since July 5th). They each have different strengths and great development and support communities behind them.

I spent a great deal of time looking at CMS systems before settling on "Joomla!", and although a lot of them look pretty good on the surface, many of them get very ugly when you try to really use them.

I will confess that I have long wished that phpGW functionality was available as a suite of "Joomla!" extensions....

Alan

Thank you Alan :)

That's a nice conctibution though i'd welcome a little bit more answers.

Everybody, also please, do not hesitate to say what you'd like to see on the website... screencasts ? howtos ? quickstarts ? faq ? news ? other ?

thanks by anticipation :o),
Maât