Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [code cleaning] Missing public function ge

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] [code cleaning] Missing public function get_subs in class.locations.inc.php
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:45:27 +0100

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
> Maât wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm still fighting bugs to move microstep by microstep to see .18 out
>> before i'm 120 years old :)
>>
>> litle bit of progress today : i have a nearly installing phpgroupware
>> (well install does not die any more and it goes from the beginning to
>> the end, i can log in but there are no app available at all : just
>> about, home and logout)
>>
>> i'm splitting the changes i made into small patches to avoid the giant
>> commit effect with many different things inside : each commit will
>> address a specific issue :
>>
>> that will make patch review easier (and also make reverts easier in case
>> i made a mistake)
>>
>> Among the issues, i found that get_subs() of class.locations.inc.php is
>> called from class.acl.inc.php but does not exist... with an empty method
>> i could prevent phpgw from crashing but i guess this method is supposed
>> to do something
>>
>> Can someone help me either giving me the code of this method or
>> explaining what it is supposed to do ?
>>
>> cheers,
>> maat (micro bug chaser)
>>

> Hi maat,
>
> it is supposed to get a list of sub-locations for a given location.
>
> have a look at the table phpgw_locations - the field 'name' contains
> information
> on the sub-locations as they are organised as:
>
> name          descr
> .             Top
> .sub1         First submodule
> .sub2         Second submodule
> .sub1.sub1    First sub-sub at first sub
>
> Regards
>
> Sigurd

so if i understand well :

( i put the sql definition of location table in footer to help )

the name field uses a dns approach to define locations and sub locations

then for a given app the sub locations for .location1 will be :

.location1.sublocation1
.location1.sublocation2
.location1.sublocation3

the remaining question is :

should this include sub-sub-locations ?

for example :

.location1.sublocation3.sussublocation1
.location1.sublocation3.sussublocation2
.location1.sublocation3.sussublocation3

iow :
-- should i request all name fields beginning with ".location1." (which
brings every sublocations)
-- or should i filter only the first level of child locations

?

reagrds,
Maât

CREATE TABLE  `phpgroupware_new`.`phpgw_locations` (
  `location_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `app_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `name` varchar(50) collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
  `descr` varchar(100) collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
  `allow_grant` smallint(6) default NULL,
  `allow_c_attrib` smallint(6) default NULL,
  `c_attrib_table` varchar(25) collate utf8_unicode_ci default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`location_id`),
  KEY `app_id` (`app_id`),
  KEY `name` (`name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci