[phpGroupWare-developers] SMTP with auth

From: Giorgio Pioda
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] SMTP with auth
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:37:54 -0700 (MST)

Hi volks

I'm writing a patch to allow SMTP with auth. Just a very basic patch that allow
users to login only with default username and passwd taken from username and
passwd of phpgwapi

The login itself is already ok, (I managed the decryption of the user passwd),
but I cannot get the From field written correctly.

I don't understand where the variable $fromuser is set to the value it
effectively gets, since if I set $fromuser =
$GLOBAL['phpgw_info']['user']['userid'] the value outputted to the mail server
is still wrong and corresponds to the value I set before starting to write the
patch to get SMTP auth with a single account as provided in the actual sources.
(at line 216 and following)

Any ideas?

cheers

gfwp.