Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Code available for test

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Code available for test
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:14:29 +0100

Sigurd Nes wrote:

>> wow...
>>
>> subversion log living again :)
>>
>> just one question (i'm curious) do subversion repos and this tar.gz
>> contain the same code ?
>>
>> if no which one is ahead ?
>>

> It is identical (to the date) - it's just to spare peopel of having to deal
> with svn:externals.

Wooohooo ! Then i can test it with a checkout and compare trees \o/

Thanks :)

> email is from phpgroupware/modules/email/trunk - the rest is from
> phpgroupware/people/sigurdne...
>
> (I took the liberty of tuning the email-app directly without going via the
> personal repository - as this is minor fixes)

I looked at the patches... yeah they all seem minor and positive fixes
so no problem for me.

May i just suggest something for the future ?

I'd like we all think about commit log standardization so that we have
more presision and the possibility to create changelogs automatically later.

I's suggest for example something like a beginning tag

Bug fix : <-- patche that fix wrong code
Security fix : <-- obvious isn't it ? :)
Code formatting : <-- this one just for indentation and other chenges
that do not change the code
Code cleaning : <-- this one for php modernization and other changes
that do change the code but do not change the resulting behavior
New feature : <-- this one new cool feature

(we would of course need to define the precise list of possible tags)

And i'd suggest that a commit concerns only one specific point

for example i'd rather have seen change set [20890] Fix search (not
happy with non-ascii) splitted in two :

-- one for the php code modernization :
Code cleaning : changing from $GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_VARS'] to $_POST and
removing trailing ?>

-- One for the real fixing part :
Bug fix : Fix search problem with non-ascii

That suggestion is not supposed to be taken "as it is" but rather to be
the start point of  a  common work to improve it so that we end with
some nice rules for svn management :)

(Btw i did not understand this non-ascii problem by just reading your
changes... would you mind to explain the problem and the fix to me please ?)

Best regards,
Maât