Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: phpgroupware website

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: phpgroupware website
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:39:16 +1100

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 19:16 +0100, Benoit Hamet wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does one of you know who is running IRSeekBot10 ? it seems to have a big
> problem on the channel.

IRCSeek.com is.  It is a logging bot for an IRC search engine.  I banned
address@hidden from #phpgroupware and other chans i
have ops on.  You should have ops too.

I also contacted IRCSeek and explained why I had banned their broken bot
and told them they were no longer welcome in the chans I have ops on.  I
think it is very poor design to just have a bot in a join/flood/ban loop
for hours on end.