phpgroupware-docteam

Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] What can I do?

From: Josh Miller
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] What can I do?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 01:20:37 -0600

I wish I could say things are more focused, or at least that I had a clearer view of things. But here is what I can suggest.

Read Thru what has been converted to docbook- This is not necessarilly easy, unless you just notice that the doc is less then a year old. I will try in a few hours (after I sleep) to go into the docs site, and flag that documentation that is new docsboojk drafts of the documentation. Get an understanding of What the docbook format is, even if only enough to know how to attck the SGML source files. Look at the generated format of the docs, and then get the latest CVS of the phpgroupware module, this will get you the docs sub-directory.

Then go thru these. The docs.phpgroupware.org site, has scattered documentation about how to set your editors and submit patches. I guess we should follow this till the official how-to-help doc comes out. and FYI, I believe that should be soon.

If you see a mistake in grammer or spelling correct it, if you see places that are unlear make it sound clear, or let us know that it seems unclear, and we will try and make it more understandable. Submit a diff to the sf.net patch manager with the changes to the files, and Brandon or I will look at the changes and submit them to the docs. If you do this though send a docteam email so we know to look there.

Oh if you feel something is left out in the documentation; If it looks like assumptions were made that shouldn't have been let us know also.

Please don't always think that if you aren't a tech you shouldn't need to know something in the docs. If there is something you don't know we either need to teach you in the docs, or point to another site/project that can help you.

Brandon: Please Feel free to correct this if it doesn't sound all right to you, but I think this is the way we want to go.

- Josh Miller