Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setting up openldap 2.x Schema

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setting up openldap 2.x Schema
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 09:33:49 +0800

Buchan Milne wrote:

> Brad Campbell wrote:
>
> > Buchan Milne wrote:
> >
> >>uidnumber is in nis.schema. If you are actually using LDAP for
> >>authentication (instead of something like NIS), you would need that.
> >>

> > Hmm the Debian Woody distribution of openldap does not have nis.schema.
> > I'll have to see if I can pick up a copy...
> >
> > I did a grep uidnumber * -r in my schema dir and phpgwcontact.schema
> > was the only hit.
> >

> Atached is one from openldap 2.0.14 (Mandrake RPMs) if you don't have one
>
> Apologies to the rest in advance for the 8k attachment ...
>
> Buchan

Thankyou very much. This solved the problem nicely.
I also got bitten by having strict schema checking turned on in the
slapd.conf file. Turning this off solved the remaining problems I was
seeing.

One thing I have noticed is when importing contact details from an Outlook
address book, the cn is left blank. It is not set until I edit each record.
This leaves the Full name section blank until each record is edited by hand.
>From memory, this problem also existed when I imported an ldif file from
>another
phpGroupWare contact database I had setup in pgSQL.
This is using 0.14-RC CVS.

The more I play with this software, the more potential I see for it.
Thanks for all your suggestions/help.

--
Brad....
                   /"\