Re: [Phpgroupware-users] phpgroupware&debian

From: Pieter De Troyer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] phpgroupware&debian
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:31:53 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Trent Swift wrote:

> > Are there any debian users who have managed to install this thing and got
> > it working?
>
> Yes.
>
> I'm running woody on my notebook where I've been playing with
> phpgroupware+apache+mysql for the last week or so. Initially when I
> connected with netscape and ran through setup and the header admin, I
> kept getting numerous errors (like stat'ing files) that made me think
> I got something wrong. Turns out, I was just paying too much attention
> to errors - silly me. I found that I could actually ignore most of
> them and just continue as if they didn't happen. Eventually I got
> through the setup and header admin and was presented with the user
> login.

I managed to geet there too, but e.g. I couldn't setup the news (nntp)
properly, in my case this is the most important part I'll need.

Almost everything looks ok, except that a lot of applications are not
configurable.

thx anyway for your answer, now I know that it's not something in my setup
that is causing the errors :-)

pieter

--
Pieter De Troyer
Researcher @ P.M.A.

"I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path."
                -- Ronald Mabbitt