[Phpgroupware-users] Dont update your CVS HEAD code

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Dont update your CVS HEAD code
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:27:59 -0700

I am making some rather large changes to the code which require temporarily breaking lots of stuff. I suggest that everyone refrain from doing a cvs update of this code until I make a further announcement letting you all know its safe.

Here are some of the changes I am making:

1) phpGW will now have 5 display parts. They are top, left, body, right, bottom. Template sets will be using how many or how little of these they want, but the base set will be fixed. This allows for more stability in the final html out put as well as tightly integrated support for using FRAMES.

2) I am restructuring the flow of the startup process (phpgwapi/inc/functions.inc.php) to make it more straight forward and to allow for frames.

3) There will only be one instance of the template class. All apps will parse their output into the template var phpgw_body. The resulting page (unless using frames) will all be done at the end

Apps will need to use NOT use the templates pfp() or p() or any other one that prints out. All output will be done at the end by the API (unless special situations needs different).

4) I am going to be implementing lots of security features and will be detailing these later.

The goals here are performance, a little more consistancy and to make it easier for new developers to follow the code.

Seek3r