Re: [Phpgroupware-users] problem getting phpwebhosting to work properly

From: SI Reasoning
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] problem getting phpwebhosting to work properly
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:40:03 -0500

I worked with Dave on IRC and made some progress but also ran across some
issues:

it requires a specific domain name created in configuration setup.
This resolved the problem I mentioned here (although there are still many
problems we have not resolved yet...later in this email...)
Having to choose a domain name causes us some problems here. If we choose the
domain name of the local server it works fine on the local lan but refuses
entry remotely (where we have a firewall/nat setup with port 80 forwarded).
If we use the internet ip address, then it will not work locally (some
weirdness when a local computer is sent through the nat, and then back into
the nat and then forwarded. It doesn't work in many situations, including
this one.

other issues:
we tried going to manage apps and uninstall/reinstall but it did not fix the
following issues:

At one time I had deleted the /home/user1 directory, however phpwh did not
acknowledge that deletion. This meant that everytime (even after
uninstall/install) it kept defaulting back to the original (and now ddeleted)
directory. I had to recreate it and it worked fine.

The groups that I created previously are not seen in the new file manager,
even when the groupd directories are moved to /home. I am a memeber of all of
the groups, and we even reset the acls in admin>user groups so that each
group is fully acceptable to the group. No difference.

all files and directories within phpgroupware were changed to apache:apache
and 770

The biggest issue is the first one. It force me to choose either remote access
or local access. When I had previously left the url section of the admin
configuration blank, it had worked fine with everything else. Maybe one could
either allow for several internet address choices for the url section or
phpwh could be fixed to work with the ip address used like all of the other
programs.

After that the next big issue is getting group access to files uploaded, etc.