Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup/configuration problem

From: Jacob S .
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup/configuration problem
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:17:47 -0600

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:51:42 +0000
"Chris Weiss" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dave Hall (address@hidden) wrote*:
> >
> >Ok 2 things here
> >
> >Firstly the whole phpgroupware tree should be owned by
> >www-data:www-data.
>
> This is not entirely correct, and is a configuration that I think is
> dangerous. One slightly wrong piece of code and your whole phpgw tree
> can be edited by an attacker, or even simply deleted.
>
> Hm.  OK I give.
> /me goes off to make a nice simple and but thurough phpgw installation
> and securing how-to.

A security how-to sounds great, Chris. I need all the help I can get.
:-)

Oh, and I might add that even though this test is being done on my
server, I don't have public access to it opened through the firewall
yet... these tests are being done on my local network /only/, until I
learn more and get things setup better.

Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/