Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Infolog and cvs version question

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Infolog and cvs version question
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:59:12 +1100

Michal Samek <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm testing the phpgw for a customer wanting also some kind of crm
> -
> very easy, just to store some kind of information (with files
> attached)related to some projects. I was very happy when I found
> phpgw including
> infolog module which may satisfy the customer's needs. Everything
> important so far worked well but infolog. It seems to be broken in
> current stable version, am I right?
>
> Should I try the .cvs version?
>
> To be honest, I'm trying to install just now, but it looks like
> long run
> for me, because of deps :
>
> 1) cvs infolog needs etemplates
> 2) etemplates needs sablotron and php module
> 3) rpm version which I found is not for rh7.3, it needs newer
> libstdc++or what (I have up-to-date rh73)
> 4) I can't rebuild srpm sablotron neither php so it looks I should
> update something around m4, maybe even gcc or something
>
> I'm a bit tired of it all, so I would like to ask you if it's
> worth of
> such a work - or simply, is the cvs version infolog usable with
> projects? And is it reasonable to use the cvs version for production
> server? We need just working addressbook, calendar, todo, projects,
> email and infolog.

Don't give up yet! :)

I am not sure what you have done.  I would suggest that you do the
following:
# cd /path/to/phpgroupware
# cvs -z6 update -C -r Version-0_9_14-branch

This will grab clean copies of the latest cvs stable version of phpgw.
I would not recommend using the HEAD branch from cvs in a production
environment, but I would use the stable branch (Version-0_9_14-branch)
for such a role.

As for projects in infolog ... iirc that is not currently suppported.
But linking to calendar and addressbook is possible.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)