[Phpgroupware-users] Time display problems in Anglemail and Felamimail

From: Des Dougan
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Time display problems in Anglemail and Felamimail
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 20:53:46 -0800

I've been doing some more testing of the two email applications, and have found some oddities with date and time stamps.

In Anglemail, in both the mailbox and message views, the time is displayed offset by -8 hours (my time zone is Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8). However, in Felamimail, the inbox displays the time correctly, while the message view displays it incorrectly (again -8 hours offset). IMP displays both correctly.

In addition, I have a message in my sent folder that I sent on December 1 - in Anglemail, the time stamp is displayed as 11:32:59 (i.e. today); Felamimail displays the date OK in the mailbox view, but incorrectly, the same as Anglemail, in the message view (i.e. when reading the message).

I have set my time zone offset in phpGW to -8 when I set up the application, and the time on my server is accurate (and kept that way using ntp).

I also have Eudora, my desktop client, set up to read my IMAP folders. All messages have correct date and time stamps there.

Has anyone else seen this? I checked the forum, but saw no references. I see the same behaviour on both my servers, one a clean install of .001, the other an upgrade from .000.

Happy New Year to all.

Des Dougan