[Phpgroupware-users] Addressbook Import issue

From: Dave Bornstein
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Addressbook Import issue
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:53:37 -0800 (PST)

I am running phpgroupware version 0.9.14.001.

The import function in address book was not working
for me.  After beating my head against the wall for a
few hours and tearing the code apart, I determined
that the import() method in
addressbook/inc/class.uiXport.inc.php requires the PHP
setting register_globals = On

Earlier I had dismissed this as a possibility because
the doc phpgwapi/doc/php-configuration.txt states:

"Until release 0.9.14 phpGroupWare will not work, if
the value is set to Off. All further releases will
support the Off setting."

The moral of the story is; DON'T READ THE DOCS!